Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WHO WILL CAPITALIZE OFF GAVIN MISCALCULATION? 1560, 790, 97.5

09-29-2010
Written By: Lamont Mann

Monday Night Football

Right now I am sitting up listening to Raheel and David on 1560 The Game while watching Bears v Packers.  Do you hear that Gavin Spittle?  I am WATCHING the game.  I am not sure what your data is telling you, but this may be your "Watergate".  Before I fly off half cocked, I do realize the name of the game is money and Gavin is in the business of making money ie sponsorships for Monday Night Football.  Of course quick money is being made now at the behest of the future.  Sunday and Monday Night Football will not only lose more market share for KILT but I am 100% confident jobs will become a victim of the BUDGET.


This has to be the single most ignorant move I have ever seen (heard) in all of my seven years of listening to sports talk radio.  I have said this time and time again that no one in Texas cares about National Sports in terms of radio.  I know I don't quite fit the targeted demographics but hell I am a fan and I am telling you, National crap sucks and yes that means football because the utility is provided via television.  

I feel a "Perfect Storm" on the horizon.  One station will seize upon this colossal mistake while outsiders will see what's happening with stronger signals and seize upon it.  The only piece at play here is The Houston Rockets.  KILT has safely secured the Texans but the Rockets are in the air.  It is all happening before our eyes and I feel as if I am a part of history.  I like to call this "GAVIN GATE".

POWER MOVES

After Gavin made a choice to go more "National" via games 1560 The Game sits in the corner and wait for it.  The minute KILT depleted 19% of local programming, KGOW swooped in to seize upon it by way of Raheel and David.  KILT seems to have a lot of "SWAG" to think they will be able to whether 17 weeks of national games and their fan base will come back.  Right now I am WATCHING the MNF game in HD and Green Bay just intercepted Chicago.

I will not only bust on 610 AM as I feel 1560 may suffer because the hosts are too similar.  In layman's terms Raheel and David sound alike and for the most part in agreement most of the time.  This is not a challenge for them to go and fabricate beef like Rich and Robert but I honestly can't tell the guys apart.   If me and Craig went to the gun range and let off a couple of rounds, I am 100% positive that we will be arguing about what caliber of firearm to bust, what grain of ammo, what distance and to hear these guys always in agreement is simply weird.  At this very moment for the next 4 months David and Raheel need to solidify themselves at night but here's what's going to happen.  You know Clear Channel is looking or are they?  If Clear Channel (790 AM) is not paying attention then 1560 AM is cool but if they are then it's on.  Am I saying that The Odd Couple will fall out of 1st? NO.  Its very well possible like their Morning Show they will remain on top but they will suffer a hit in terms of ratings.

There are other things on the landscape that's going to blow the roof off this mutha.  Keep ya eyes wide. 


OTHER NEWS

Lately while listening to SR610 AM, I have noticed more of Josh and Barry in promos/commercials.  I am not sure what all of this means and I am not a man that concerns himself with another man's pockets but it is not going unseen.

After almost a year back in Houston, Matt Thomas is still trying to convince a certain segment of the population that he is not a Cowboys fan meanwhile more and more callers are calling his show.  Matt Thomas Show is different and fun, he came out with a bold prediction of 7 & 9 for the Texans and I believe if he's incorrect he suppose to perform an exorcism on air.


Ralph Cooper had two Texan ambassadors on air today eating barbecue and talking about George Blanda literally kicking linemen in the ASS.  The most important part about is, this will make the 3rd time sense preseason I chose to listen to Ralph over Kubiak's Show.  It is only so much "it's all on me" a brotha can deal with before he begin to think "fawka u should be fired if it's all on you".

I turned on Marc and John after the Texans loss and I heard Marc's voice and I instantly turned the dial.  I have come to the conclusion, John Lopez is better suited for basketball not football.  Right now it almost appears as if John Lopez is trying to retain face value while Josh Innes has taken the approach of "shut up and peep game while Jlo pervert himself out of a job".  This is my word, if Josh has not moved on he will be in a prime slot and that don't necessarily mean 610, I mean dude flat out said he he interviewed with 790 in addition to 610.

OOH OOH OOH, I got up with John and Lance AT ACME TENT AND RENTAL.  John was OK, thought he did well in his capacity as PD and personality.  Lance came over and talked it up a bit but what I loved most about the setup was, the guys allowed Gilbert to Co host a portion of the show.  On errythang I love I thought Gilbert was about to get Craig for his Holmes Smokehouse Franks.  Speaking of Homes Smokehouse, ya boy knock down bout 4 sawsages, STRAIGHT MEAT NO BREAD.  I am not going to talk down on a sponsor because "free" is a language I speak but I prefer to take the drive down to Weimar or Needville TX to get my sawsages.  The one thing I took from that remote was John's sign off.  Once John got off the air, he said and I quote "I AM WORRIED ABOUT THIS GAME".  He was referencing the Dallas game.  He never gave any insight on why he was worried but he said it.  John my dude, I was right there with ya.
















Lamont Mann
HMW
Email:
houstonmediawatch@yahoo.com
Blog: http://www.houstonmediawatch.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lesbiancraig
Facebook Search: HMW Shelton



No comments:

Post a Comment