Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A WORD FROM THE COLTS (1070 AM THE FAN)

Written By: Lamont Mann
09-14-2010







NO BLAME GAME HERE

Last week I listened charted Indianapolis Colts flag station 1070 AM to hear what they were saying about the Texans before the game.  Of course, they had mad swagger therefore I wanted to get some more reaction after the game.  Yesterday I charted The Big Joe Show which is hosted by Joe Staysinak which happens to be a former Colt's lineman.  He is accompanied by a co-host which I don't know the name of therefore forgive me, I mean it ain't like these dudes are Houston personalities.  One thing that caught me off guard is all of the "racing" commercials and then it hit me "Indianapolis 500".  DUMMY

Lets Takes Some Calls
Joe  said Peyton got beat up worse than he had seen in  a long time.
Don - The Colts had 100+ yards of more offense,  Time Of Possession was pretty much equal.  Why was the score so lopsided
         Joe- Long sustained drives
Mike - I'm the biggest Colts fan but I was rooting for Foster because he's on my fantasy team. 
          
After a commercial, the guys returned with soundbites of Colt's players.  One player said "we are going to lick our wounds".  Joe jokingly said he wish people would not say "lick their wounds" because it's disgusting.  The co-host said, the Colts just got beat down.

After 45 minutes of pointing out the negatives of the game, Joe wanted to look for some positives to take away from the game.  One of the positives they keyed on was Reggie Wayne.  Joe felt the 7 drive play and TD to Reggie Wayne was something they could build on.
           This is really amazing that the positive these guys would take from this game is Reggie Wayne.  I thought Peyton played like an animal.  That was smash mouth old school football.

Ed - In the 1st offensive series he noticed they were in trouble and he called his buddy and said "Peyton is in for a long day".  Also, he do not understand why the Colts refuse to get huge linemen.  He goes on to say he coached in arena football and they had bigger linemen than the Colts.
        Joe stopped the caller as he proceeded to say I will not allow you to say we have awful linemen.
            Co-host said Saturday and Charlie Johnson will be ready as he went on to quote Charlie Johnson "Peyton got hit one time too many and I guarantee it will not happen again"
            Joe jumped back in the conversation by saying they all seen this in the 3rd preseason game against the Packers.  The offensive line was a concern then.
          I felt it was bush league for Joe to get mad and hang up the phone because a caller said the Colts O line was bad.  I guess arrogance is not only in Houston.  It's an epidemic.

Greg - We got beat, move on and it won't happen again
            Negative Greg, it will happen again unlike the Texans, the Titans and Jaguars are certified running teams and they will exploit those holes.  Once the Titans are through with your Run Defense, you will be like the man on the CRYING GAME.  You will simply feel abused

Lamont (no this was not me) asked the host if they watched the game because it was one play Reggie Wayne caught the ball out of bounds and did you hear the DB cussing him out.  He had to tell his daughter they were playing.
                 Joe said that's to be expected, Texans are 1 and 15 against the Colts.  They were happy to finally get a leg up on the Colts.
            This is strange, Lamont addresses Lamont, Earmuffs Lamont Earmuffs. As for Joe backhanded insult, it is what it is BRO.  There is no bragging in these parts, we just want to play ball.

Joe said what he liked about the ordeal is, there was no finger pointing and with 1:30 remaining in the fourth he saw Peyton talking his team.  Although Peyton played very good he accepted part of the blame.
Co-Host said Pieere (WR) needs to be more consistent and he is not trying to hear this stuff about "he made up for the missed drops earlier by the spectacular one hand grab at the end".
Joe said Pierre is another Colt that missed the preseason and he felt bad for Gonzo (Anthony Gonzales) because the one time Peyton threw to him, the Texans took Peyton's legs from underneath him
The only hands I respect on the Colts is Clarke and Wayne, end of story.

After the back in forth between Joe and his co-host, Joe said you have to remind Houston of all of the 4th Quarter comebacks but the 23 train would not allow the Colts to do this.

Scott - We kept hearing about the worries of the offensive line in the off season and yesterday they looked completely out-matched
              Joe said Amobe Okoye is a very good player and he's arguably the best Defensive Tackle in the AFC South

MY SYNOPSIS

After I heard Joe the host say that Amobe was probably the best defensive line in the AFC South, I couldn't listen anymore.  I know the broadcast crews are independant from the team itself but it begs to wonder when I heard these same personalities fearing Slaton as Foster was no where on their radar, were they that drunk with power (king of the AFC South) that they simply overlooked Foster.  The mood of the station was one of swagger as if they were not worried in the least outside of one segment when I heard one of the host say "we don't want to go down 0-2 because it's extremely hard  to recover".  Really?  What would the Colts know about being down 0-2?  I must say throughout the show, no excuses were made they just took the "ass kicking" like men.  Their were no irate callers (like me); they were very laid back in discovering how they could fix the O Line.  As I am writing this, article I see the same question posed on NFL Network, why didn't the Colts prepare for Arian Foster?

First time in my life I can remember two Tennessee Volunteers having career days in a head to head match.  Overall it really don't seem as if Indy is hitting the panic button but this is to be expected from a proven team.  I think the Colts should be worried because I never seen their receiver core this depleted and I don't think GONZO would have made one difference.










(all pics courtesy of Houston Texans)















































I like winners, and Hakeem "The Dream" is the only true winner in HTOWN.  Of the 34s and yes I mean Earl and Nolan, Hakeem is the only one that did it.  BEAST


LAMONT MANN
HMW
Email: houstonmediawatch@yahoo.com
Facebook Search: Houston Media Watch
Utube Search: HoustonMediaWatch

No comments:

Post a Comment