Tuesday, March 22, 2011

HAPPY BDAY HMW - LM FIRST ARTICLE (MATT & ADAM SHOW)

This is a repost and I have to ask myself, "has anything change".  HAPPY BIRTHDAY HMW

HOUSTON MEDIA WATCH.COM MONDAY REVIEW (SPORTS TALK 790)
THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE?
WRITTEN BY: LAMONT MANN

TRY TAKING A FEW MORE CALLERS?

Don't you have a guilty pleasure? Come on, I am sure you can think of a couple. Let me help you out, a few years ago, we were all paying attention to the Miami Dolphins to see if they would be the first team to go 0-16. This would have been so special because it would have shut up Mercury Morris.

However, the Dolphins won a game and all of the the players were on the field crying. Then there are the Detroit Lions who actually accomplished the DEFEATED season. As early as November 2009, we were wondering if the New Jersey Nets were going to go defeated but needless to say they won (jerks).

Well, one of my guilty pleasures is that I wanted to see if Matt Jackson and Adam Wexler could actually accomplish a show with no callers. Could this really be possible? Can two guys sit in a room for four atomic hours and talk to themselves about sports? As the first hour past, I was beginning to gain some momentum and then all of a sudden @ 7:32 AM some dork (just kidding) named John called in. I will return to the substance of John's call as I believe it was a good one.

The question has to be asked, are Matt & Adam this close in their thoughts they rather neglect audience input or the input is simply not there. The show debuted in early December 2009 and I heard numerous callers that called in with props and congrats for them moving to the new address. I would have thought this buzz would have stayed around, but something is not right. Production? Hosts? Competition? Whatever the case, Matt & Adam's show really needs an injection of whatever Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds used.


Back to the dork that ruined my chances of hearing a talk show on a non-holiday go four hours without a call. John "the dork" made a statement to Matt (U of H alum) "instead of seeking people out of Houston, lets stay local and go after Ronnie Courtney (Fort Bend Bush)". John the dork laid out his case. 1. Courtney has won multiple state titles 2. Courtney has made an appearance in the Tourney (TSU play in game). 3. Courtney is local.

Matt Jackson felt that Courtney is not a serious contestant for the U of H job. Without a reason he just didn't like Courtney.

I happen to believe Courtney makes a lot of sense. In addition to the points John the dork laid out, what makes Courtney more special is because he did this at the 5A Level.

Matt and Adam devoted two segments to Tom Penders. The question being asked, "Why do you think Penders got fired?" Matt goes on to say how his sources told him Houston AD, Mack Rhoades, was pretty upset with Penders in the NY Times article. Penders used the national media to bitch about the facilities at the school.

I am with Matt on this one, I think it was bush league for Penders to expose in-house issues in the way he went about, however, I come back to Gary Kubiak. If I am hearing that it's playoffs or busts for Kubiak, how can this logic not apply to Penders. In addition to Penders getting fired because of his comments, I am a firm believer of the new male lion taking over a lion's den. The first thing that male lion will do is, kill the offspring of the previous male because they don't want any resemblance of the former pops. Could this be a case of Rhoades ousting Penders? Just a thought

Now we can add three more dorks to my list, Mike@8:10, Big Will@8:24, and Tom@8:31. Now I get it, Matt and Adam don't take calls in the first hour or maybe just maybe I will get my wish of a 4-hour show of no calls.

Lamont Mann
HMW
Website: www.HoustonMediaWatch.Com




03-22-2011
Wow, that was a good read for me.  Thanks everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment