Friday, March 11, 2011

THANK YOU MIKE IN DA, LESBIAN CRAIG, AND SPORTS TALK FANS

3-11-2011





THANK YOU MIKE IN DA, LESBIAN CRAIG, AND SPORTS TALK FANS by LM

Over the last 3 weeks or so, I have been monitoring the local sports radio stations from a different angle.  Earlier I dropped an article that accused the local media of getting their information from the "National Media" however I wanted to reevaluate my assertion.


NCAA Coverage




President Obama's 2008/2009 Bracket

How many of you can recall in the past when you would ask a local personality information about a collegiate football player in January and the reply was "it's too early for me to think about college players" then all of a sudden the draft rolls around and they become a genius on every player?  This is like 83% of the reason I dislike national coverage. So here we are, its approximately a week out of March Madness, let me ask you a question, have you heard any NAME to look for?  Have you heard about anyone that's going to takeover the tourney?  Have you heard one sure lock for the NBA at all?  LOL.  Here it is, a player or two will shine during the TOURNEY and everybody and their mother is going to "hop on the train" and report like they made this premonition 3 years ago.  Thank you Mike in DA for keeping up with the NCAA leading to the Tourney.  If you've been reading HMW, Mike In DA has written extensively about NCAA basketball from players to odds to possible outcomes.  Mike in DA, your information will be more valuable than any of these lazy personalities information will be because you been on it.  Unlike them, you are not waiting for a surprise or Cinderella Story, you are actually following sports which is silly in 2011.

University of Oregon and Will Lyles





In all fairness the local media has handle this story properly for not following ESPN "talking points".  With that being said, I must say, I am not completely sold on them because a part of me believe it's simply lazy.  The guys are too lazy to find facts of a simple story.  Oh yea, it's easy to find the facts on an Andre Johnson v Finnegan Fight but when actual research of facts has to be conducted, you can kiss that good by.  Craig Shelton aka THE BLACK CREEP aka Lesbian Craig spoke about the facts of the University of Oregon/Will Lyles case.  He didn't provide opinion just a simple Google Search that directed him to a few articles.  This is not "Rocket Science" we find out the facts and form our opinions based upon the facts.  The biggest fact that black ass creep revealed was, no one had spoken to Will Lyles.  I am no brainiac but he's a pretty big piece of the story in my opinion.  BELOW IS THE AUDIO OF THE FACTS.




Meriweather and  PHI SLAMMA JAMMA Michael Young






Thank you Sports Talk Fan for calling the shows and letting them know about stories they should be presenting to the public.  Brandon Meriweather "Patriots DB"  apparently shot two people at a party.  A caller asked if 1560's Morning Show  knew anything about it and the guys were Googling the story during the call.  I can't beat them up too much because honestly I never heard of the story, however the host shall never seem clueless.  




I am being sarcastic but I am baffled the Michael Young Story is not getting any traction.  You know "the old local college former NBA player getting beat by Houston Policeman  who previously shot another man".  Hell, at any given day, I can turn on 790's Morning Show and hear Matt Jackson (UH Alumni) crying about a Former U of H Coach not being in the Hall of Fame but nothing from an integral part of the PHI SLAMMA JAMMA?  I mean lets completely forget Mike In DA's point of the controversial things said by Guy V Lewis, that's totally off the table but ask yourself why U of H Alumnus are not talking about Michael Young.  Fred Couples, Matt Jackson, Matt Thomas, Dan Rather?  I can excuse Matt Thomas because he has been out of the loop.



LMAO, I swear I don't walk to the media's drum.   All of this so call racial equality is nothing more than a money grab for the media.  Here is the truth, there's no ratings (money) in a black officer allegedly beating a black former professional however substitute that black officer with a white officer and I guarantee you all of these lazy, Google searching, so call research sports media would be all over it.  You can't make me jump to your tune, I refuse to be controlled by what you deem as "hot buttons".  I know nothing about the intricacies of the Michael Young situation for all I know, Michael could have been wrong but it's more intriguing to see how the media is making nothing of it because "Black on Black" don't sell however "Anything Else on Black" do sell and you will hear your favorite personalities telling you their high school black best friend stories.  

There are so many other areas I would like to go in this article, but all I can say is the Michael Young story should be a wake-up call.  If you are an honest person, ask yourself, "If this was a white officer beating Michael Young, would this story be this low profile"?  I truly believe you could have substituted Young with Jordan or Jackson with a black officer and it wouldn't have gotten major run because it's not their ratings booster.  I can sit back and imagine a young reporter bringing this story to the "powers that be" and saying we need to go "HOT" with this story and the editor telling them, "so a black officer beat a black man, what's the story?".  In the end, I am just upset about the media using the "black/white" issue as a money grab.

Thanks to all the fans who have called the stations and brought the story so many were trying to avoid.  I keep coming back to the central question, why Cougar Matt refused to champion this incident the way he fervently go all out for Guy V. Lewis #HMW


I can tell you one thing, the local sports media really impressed me with their spectacular coverage of Charlie Sheen.  I was thoroughly satisfied with all four stations coverage because they know Charlie Sheen is what the average man in Houston wants to know about.






















No comments:

Post a Comment