Monday, April 25, 2011

EITHER OUR LOCAL MEDIA IS NAIVE OR THIS IS EXTREMELY CLEVER BY LM

4-25-2011

EITHER OUR LOCAL MEDIA IS STUPID OR THIS IS EXTREMELY CLEVER

I have told my "youngens" the art of being a professional radio listener is "you have to know the personalities".  You can't become a part of HMW just because you listened to Sports Talk 790 for a week.  You have to really know these guys takes before they even speak it.


“I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.”



When the news dropped about Vonta Leach not being resigned, I called Sports Radio 610 AM (The Odd Couple).  I called to tell Barry and Shaun, this Vonta Leach is a disstraction, Vonta Leach is so far on the depth chart of things we need to be concerned with that this is essentially a non-story.  I want to retain Leach but there are bigger fish to fry.  Barry Warner tried to yell and ask me "why do you think Vonta is trash" I had to pull back and say "dude I never said that".  That's besides the point.  The point is as a professional radio listener you have to get the "REAL STORY" of Vonta Leach.

THE REAL STORY

Apparently, Vonta Leach tweeted some comments that caused everyone to think that Vonta would not be retained by the Texans.  Of course all of the usual suspects (media and fans) were up in arms about the news, meanwhile I am sitting here thinking, Eric Winston will not even be in attendance at Reliant for the annual draft coverage.  You see where I'm going?  


The NFL don't even suppose to be communicating with players.  Either our local media is totally oblivious to where I am taking this or I'm just an idiot.  Why is no one questioning the fact that Vonta made this statement in the first place.   Are the Texans and Vonta talking? Are you asking me to believe the Texans and Vonta  never spoke after the Lockout when he comes out with his assertion of not being retained?  Did Vonta hear he was not going to be resigned via twitter?  

I get so angered how we all sit back and allow the media to play us as fools.  They know good got damn well these guys are talking (and I have no problem with it if they are) but don't come to me with this wholesome crap.  So Dunta Robinson really negotiated his huge contract in the matter of minutes with the Falcons?  It take damn near a whole day to close on a home.

As far as "THE LEGEND" Barry Warner; on Saturday April 23, 2011 saying, he don't understand why Vonta Leach would use this time to make his comments.  Dude I am not a media nor marketing professional but this is probably one of the last NFL splashes (DRAFT) that he can get the most run out of his contract situation.  By the time Free Agency begins, there will be a mad dash and impulse signings that players like Leach may get loss in the BS.

WRAP IT UP

If the two parties are not suppose to be talking why would Vonta Leach move forward with his claim of not being resigned?  Do you think the Texans and Vonta have spoken since the lockout?

You don't have to be a genius to understand this crap it's right in your face.  I'm not locking ass if they have talked, honestly I hope Rick and Vonta are ice skating in the Galleria discussing contract but don't stick your head in the sand.  The real story is not Vonta  being resigned, the story is, has the Texans spoken to Vonta.  Please ask the hard questions


OUT







































No comments:

Post a Comment