Friday, April 29, 2011

WHILE YOU WERE AWAY THE MEDIA PLAYED BY LM

4-29-2011





WHILE YOU WERE AWAY THE MEDIA PLAYED LESBO 


Dear Lesbo,

Normally I wouldn't begin a letter with dear to another man but dear gives the letter more validity.  How is your trip?  Is Detroit rolling out the red carpet and doing it Htown style?  When you return home, be sure to ask intercontinental airport to hose the Detroit stank off you.  I am writing to keep you up on what took place while you were away.  I am sure at this moment you are thinking "damn dude don't depress me" but the truth is, you have no choice.

Greg Koch vs John McClain


Although this incident took place a couple of weeks ago, John and Greg got into a mild verbal disagreement on the direction of the Texans.  Of course I agreed with Greg but John had some valid points so you may ask "exactly what did they disagree about"?  Welp you see that's sort of the issue, my dog ate my computer therefore I don't have the audio so I called the other operatives to ask if they had the audio and the dog ate their computer too.  My fail safe plan was to retrieve the audio from sports radio 610 because they ALWAYS have audio of John McClain appearances but to my surprise NO AUDIO.  OK here's the deal, the exchange was pretty heated and it has been referenced in other shows but there is no audio out there to go back and listen.  Oh well, I guess this exchange between Greg and John will go down as another local radio urban legend.

DRAFT 

Generally speaking, the whole fan base is afraid of what Rick and Gary could screw up in the draft.  I guess you read Peter King's article stating the Texans would/should trade with San Fran at 7 to get Patrick.  Initially John McClain didn't agree with Peter but now McClain is pushing it tough however McClain believes the Texans will take Aldon Smith.

JOSH AND RICH


What can I say about the couple.  These two guys are just as silly and gay as they can be.  When I say gay I don't mean in a homosexual way but more in an almost homosexual way.  You know how Rich operates, he makes inflammatory statements and while telling his audience "I'm not trying to be inflammatory".  This is what he has been reduced to, trying to keep up with the wits of Josh.  Any who Monday, Rich tried his best to get a stir out of the audience by constantly referencing Kobe Bryant as God while quickly notating "I know it's a day after Easter and I am not trying to make people mad".  No big deal but the pattern becomes evident the 29th time he referenced it.  Then there is the little "Blow" incident that recently occurred.  Josh threw Rich and Ben a hypothetical question, would you blow as in blow up, if you caught me with your wife or girlfriend.  Rich replied by saying yes I would blow; I would use legs and fist.  Woooo I thought we were safe but Rich being the wacky guy he is had to pause and add, he would blow with teeth too.  I am going to leave that one alone.  I simply turned to Charlie Pallilo.


Then there is the Milo Hamilton incident.  Milo basically called Lance Bergmann out and Josh thought it was bush league to be all up in Lance's ass while he was here but now that he's gone, you rip him.  Honestly, I am with Josh on this however, Josh needs to look at his coworker Marc.  While Carr was a member of the Texans, Marc head was so deep in David's ass, the City of Houston thought David had hemorrhoids but now that David is gone, viola he can talk about him.  In other words, don't act like Milo is the only one doing things like this.


On the strength though, Rich and Josh have been coming with it and I would say 80% of their segments are sports related.  There's still the element of fart jokes but for the most part it's been solid.  I have to say, you were right about your assessment of Josh.  Josh's father called the show and brought down the house with his impersonations but the more telling part of the bit was the casual talk he and his father has.  It's more like a brother/brother relationship vs father/son.  It's a must hear.


As stated before, I like the show but I don't care to hear about sex all the damn time: heterosexual and damn sure not gay innuendos therefore instead of bitching about it, I simply turn the channel or write.


RALPH COOPER


Well Ralph is doing what Ralph does.  Challenge his audience to social sports issues.  In other words Ralph is attacking the stories others can't because they won't deliver it in an objective fashion.  He is also talking about the all star lineup of applicants for the Rocket's Job.  Kind of hard for me to discuss Ralph since I have a build in bias with the Evan E Worthing connection.






THEM 1560 BOYS




After the Titan Rick v Super G fiasco, I decided to listen to Super G a little more this week.  Yep, I been snooping around but actually the Super G is harmless.  Lance has been going draft crazy and honestly I doubt if anything else on Earth registers to him at this period.  I also asked what's the inside joke about NFL Network, the guys acted surprise.  I was under the impression that NFL Network was perceived as a joke in the media since I hear Sports Radio 610 hint to the network being a joke but they were like "what's wrong with NFL Network, they are informed analyst that know the game".  Now I am starting to wonder if NFL Network is a direct competitor of CBS because 610 will lead you to believe NFL Network is trash and that's one of the few national shows I like because the majority of the guys are affiliated with the NFL in some degree.


Sean Pendegast and John Harris started an event a couple years ago called something draft, I guess one of the 1560 inside things but basically you have to be selected to participate and you draft whatever you want.  Travis Rodgers pick basically brought down the house and honestly I am a little uncomfortable talking about Travis Rodgers' pick therefore you just have to hear it.  In addition to Travis, David Nuno went in DJ SCREW mode and basically shot it up to the whole damn H.  It was like 1997 listening to a Screw tape when Stick 1, Lil Ke Ke would go for like 10 minutes giving it up to South Park.  It was cool and I had to go listen again to see if my name was in there and YEP YEP it was.


Raheel had eye surgery in addition to letting the audience know he proposed to his dime piece.


Sean Pendergast's caller volume has increased significantly.  We are talking like an average of 3 calls per segment.  I know you can't put too much stock into it being that it's draft week but the callers have increased.  In addition to caller volume, he is having one of the cast members of Swamp People on (Troy and Jacob).  


RICK SMITH PRESS CONFERENCE


Now for the money shot, Rick Smith.  Rick Smith conducted his annual pre-draft press conference.  The one thing I observed was the jovial mood he seemed to be in when the questions came via Texan affiliates but the smug look he gave when the questions came from other stations.  Instead of listening on radio, I watched the interview on Texans TV.  Someone asked him about the draft philosophy of need vs best player available and Rick looked them dead in the eye and said "you don't draft/reach for need, you must stay committed to your board".  It was at this time the twitter world begin screaming Kareem Jackson.  I actually contacted Adam Wexler with the Kareem Jackson as Adam tried to follow up but not quite to the bone.  As if that was not enough someone asked him about the Kick Return game and your General Manager said it's not a problem because we have Trindon Holiday and  Jacoby Jones.  


Earlier in the interview, Rick decided to give a joke about scratching which no one laughed at but Barry Warner where he had to let the audience know it was a joke and only Barry got it.  The most important part of this interview is when Rick said we need to do something different than last year because last year was unacceptable.  With that being said this can only mean one thing.  In the past when CBS pan the camera to Bob McNair's suite, you would see Bob, President bush and a dark figure sitting in the back.  That black figure was Rick Smith but now he is going to be more proactive in that 2011. LAP DANCING.  In 2011 when we look at the Bob suite, it's going to be more exotic.


WRAP IT UP


Dude I would have included your 20 minute Cam Rant but that would be considered a "shameless plug" or I would have included Max Edison going thermal nuclear energy in a VY discussion but you were in town.  Basically, the local media cut a leg while you were away.




Sincerely 


THROWED OFF CREEP


OUT































LM
HMW
Email: hmw_lm@yahoo.com
Twitter: HMW_CREEPS
Facebook Search: Hmw Shelton & Craig Shelton and join both

Follow the HMW family of CREEPS on Twitter @: @LesbianCraig   @SportsMediaLM 

PLEASE JOIN US SUNDAYS 5P-6P ON KCOH 1430AM FOR "THE CUT" W/CRAIG "LESBO" SHELTON & CO-HOST, FORMER NFL-DB, MARCUS COLEMAN.

GET READY FOR HIGH ENERGY, GREAT CONVERSATION, THE COOLEST MUSIC & ALL OF YOU!!!

CALL IN @: 713-526-1430 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            713-526-1430      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
STREAM @: http://www.kcohradio.com

PRODUCED BY: HMW



No comments:

Post a Comment