Sunday, June 19, 2011

THE COVERAGE OF AHMAN GREEN V RICK SMITH (610,1560, 790) - LM


6-19-2011

THE COVERAGE OF AHMAN GREEN V RICK SMITH (610, 1560, 790)

The Ahman Green revelation of his meeting with Rick Smith, is one of the reasons HMW exist.  I don't care about Ahman Green but I do care about the coverage in addition Rick Smith's perception around the league.  This interview is so important on multiple levels but for this article, I will focus on the media.

AMERICAN ONLINE (AOL)
About 15 years ago, I bought a computer and immediately thought I got what I perceived was the Internet so I signed up on AOL.    I am up and running on the Internet, Yippe. About 6 months into AOL, people asked me why was I on AOL, it's a closed community, it's the Internet in a limited capacity and choose the advertising you can see.  At the time I didn't know I had the ability to open Netscape Navigator and query websites directly.  
When I finally got on the Internet it was like taking THE RED PILL.






This week feels as if I discovered the Matrix of Local Sports.  It's one thing to accuse Sports Radio 610 of being one-sided when you have no barometer to compare them to.  It's totally different ball game when you see it action.  Before any one tell me they are the Flagship Station and they are going to speak favorable, I say "eff you and that logic".  I don't want my information presented to me in a slant.

Sports Radio 610 is AOL and 790 is happy to be relevant.  About a year ago, I would have only been listening to 610 and lately I am noticing how things are.  Sports Radio 610 choose what they want their audience to know.  The Ahman Green story is so important because Sports Radio 610 practically avoided the depth of the topic in a time where everyone say it's a dry time in sports.  In all fairness the shows I listened to on 610 and 790 were J&R, Matt & Adam, Matt Thomas, The Odd Couple.  The J&R Show spent a segment or two on it with John McClain and flashes from Robert Henslee mentioning it in a Texan friendly way.  I kept tuning in and out to 790 but didn't hear anything in addition to asking a few HMW operatives "have you heard anything on 790".  
The money shot was The Odd Couple, Barry Warner basically ripped Ahman Green for a few segments before Shiloh Keoh had to spend the night with them.   I also hated the Ahman Green acquisition and tenure but I thought Barry may have went too far.  

1560 THE GAME

Sean Pendergast's interview with Ahman Green was so hot, some of the national media picked it up.    The following day the story was still Hot and the morning show (Lance Zierlein & Craig Sheamon) ran with it and handled it in a professional manner.   The professional manner I am referencing is the fact no one from 1560 seem to take either side.  They are leaving themselves open for Rick Smith to reply in my opinion.  It's only fair to hear Rick Smith's side.  The interview was put out there and the fans allowed to speak.  This is a far cry from me texting Sports Radio 610 asking them to actually play the interview instead of putting your spin on it without allowing your audience to hear what was actually said.  Honestly, I was sort of mad at 1560 for not ripping Rick Smith to shreds but in the end I think they handled it right.  Did 1560 really do anything special or did they simply handle the interview and information in a fair way?  

WRAP IT UP

All in all, as I told Lesbian Craig, it appeared 610 had to mention the incident because it was a huge story but they were not going to go LEBRON JAMES (wall to wall) mode on it.  They simply wanted to mention it to keep observers off their back for totally shelling it.  I am a 610aholic and I have heard them play competitor's interviews while only allowing the sound from the guest to be heard.  Sports Radio 610 or any station for that matter could have ran the audio of Ahman Green only but they refused to do that.

I know Sports Radio 610 is trying to squash 1560 like a bug and I can give a damn because frankly I don't like 1560s New York Jets approach of "Whoa is me, everyone doubted us approach" but when the competition of your industry impedes the dissemination of information to the fans then it sucks.

People may say LM, let it go, this is trivial.  I have heard Chester Pitts, Marcus Coleman, Ahman Green and now this Glenn Earl story (listen to audio).  If your freaking General Manager and organization as a whole is perceived to be phony or questionable how can we as fans really expect any notable free agent to come here.  My whole bitch about the things I recently heard is a revelation of why we can't secure big name people.  I agree with John McClain and other 610 personalities who believes in CREAM (cash rules everything around me) but ask yourself, who was the Texans last big free agent. 


I find it really hard to believe if Josh Innes was present this story would have been as one sided as presented.  Below is a mix of  sound from both stations and I must say, it's Sports Radio 610s rally cry "not to make it personal".  Key in on one personality who levies a SOB and Scumbag on Ahman Green because that's not personal.












OUT

LM
HMW
Email: hmw_lm@yahoo.com
Twitter: HMW_CREEPS
Facebook Search: Hmw Shelton & Craig Shelton and join both









No comments:

Post a Comment