Thursday, May 5, 2011

790 KBME MORNING SHOW - GRUMPY OLD MEN - BY LM

5-5-2011




HMW has honestly been laying low.  I myself wanted to try a new approach, finding the nice and good in talk radio and I must admit, it went well for almost two months.  Slowly, I have been hearing bad elements of radio lift it's head.  It's important to understand, this is not a hit piece, just a slap.  I am still in "nice mode".


I can listen to 3 of the 4 shows on 790 during the week but it's hard for me to write about them because they are "straight laced" but good radio for die hard sports fan.  When you listen to Matt and Adam, it's almost like transposing yourself to the early 90s and watching Grumpy Old Men.  Adam is the culprit.   Normally I do not write about situations I didn't hear for myself but Craig told me, Adam was acting like a prick towards Matt in a discussion earlier this week.  Since I don't know the details, I will not not elaborate on that particular incident but this is Adam 100%.  Without even hearing the discussion I can believe it because Adam comes off as grumpy or Oscar the Grouch.  Here's the deal, when he's happy it's Game On and the show is good but when he's pissy, I just turn the channel.  We understand that Matt can sometimes be annoying but Matt is your partner not your kid.  There is only one other show where HMW had to step in and tell them to "get there sh*t together" and that was Rich and Josh.  J&Rs situation was a little different whereas Rich was constantly demeaning Josh and now they are like radio brothers.

If HMW view Adam as a bitter guy at times, I am sure his audience can as swell.  Adam may want to ease up on the "you are beneath me" tone because it makes for bad radio.  I like Adam and I think he is one of the few in the "Market" that can bring it but that snobby attitude is sometimes a turnoff.

THIS DUDE HERE

Full disclosure, I am not even sure who the player Matt Jackson was talking about for the Astros.  Apparently, an Astro had a bad game and avoided his media obligations.  In other words, the dude was pissed and was like "deuces" he didn't speak with the media.  I listened to Matt for almost an hour go in on Lyon because this is part of the reason HMW started.  Evaluate the media evaluating the players and Matt basically ripped Lyon a new one for not talking to the media.  It's Matt's belief the media has to know albeit the fans want to know.  Adam quickly jumped in and added his belief that fans aren't as geek'd as the media are about player's media obligations.

How can I put this? I would show as much passion as Matt if the media actually did their job and ask some real ass questions instead of these underhand softballs.  Matt is talking like he was about to lay down the gauntlet and ask something all of Houston cared about.  Really?  Hardly anyone in Houston ask hard questions and when the media try to ask a hard question, it comes off as grand standing.  

It's really odd when I hear the media professionals locally speak about the East Coast Media.  On a normal basis they tell the audience how tough the East Coast media is on their teams and they recognize that Houston is soft.  It upsets me that our media has to kiss the 1 & 2 Tier local players/teams ass.  Ask some real questions and I will gladly jump on Matt's argument, until then stop whining.


WRAP IT UP
Good shows this week outside of the Baseball talk.  I know they are the station for the Astros but baseball talk is not fun when your team is losing.  I find myself changing the dial when Milo or anything baseball related.  It's simply not entertaining this year for me.  
The guys are on all avenues of communication with the fans.  They are becoming even more twitter friendly, SOLID.  
Matt can brush up on his tactics, this is not related and you don't have to debate an argue every damn issue for the sake of arguing.  Adam needs to relax and realize other people's point of view is just as credible as his.  It's all opinion.


OUT

























LM
HMW
Email: hmw_lm@yahoo.com
Twitter: HMW_CREEPS
Facebook Search: Hmw Shelton & Craig Shelton and join both

Follow the HMW family of CREEPS on Twitter @: @LesbianCraig   @SportsMediaLM 

PLEASE JOIN US SUNDAYS 5P-6P ON KCOH 1430AM FOR "THE CUT" W/CRAIG "LESBO" SHELTON & CO-HOST, FORMER NFL-DB, MARCUS COLEMAN.

GET READY FOR HIGH ENERGY, GREAT CONVERSATION, THE COOLEST MUSIC & ALL OF YOU!!!

CALL IN @: 713-526-1430 
STREAM @: http://www.kcohradio.com

PRODUCED BY: HMW

No comments:

Post a Comment