Tuesday, May 10, 2011

IT'S THE 3-4 BUT IT'S REALLY THE 4-3 "WTF" - BY LM

5-10-2011



IT'S THE 3-4 BUT IT'S REALLY THE 4-3 "WTF"


The one thing I truly despise is when I feel I am being jacked around.  Back in the days, old cats use to say, "You can't bullsh*t a bullsh*tter".  I really don't know what I am witnessing but I am sure once the Texans take on to the field, it will make sense to me.  Since Wade Phillips was hired, the media is pushing this notion of a hybrid 3-4 defense.  Apparently, Wade's  3-4 Defense is similar to a 4-3. 


I am not the smartest cookie in the jar, but if his 3-4 is similar to the 4-3 then it's a freaking 4-3.  This notion is almost as dumb as looking at your local meteorologist and he or she tells you, "it's 65 degrees outside but it feels like 58".  In all fairness, I have to fallback a little bit because I have not heard Wade Phillips say any of this himself.  There is no need to crucify Wade for something I have not heard him say.

It's amazing when I hear people talk about Wade's defense, they always go back to Buffalo.  I am not sure if they purposely negate the Cowboys, Broncos or the Chargers but that's the most recent barometer I can judge him on.  Use your common sense people, when he was running things in Dallas and coordinating the defense in San Diego, you never heard people talking about a hybrid 3-4.  However, lets revisit Buffalo, why is Buffalo (Bruce Smith) the reference point when you are talking about Wade.  Do these people realize the game and players have changed dramatically in 15 years? 

MY COMPLAINT

If this 3-4 is similar to a 4-3, why in the hell we not pursue Wade once he was released by Dallas in Week 7?  Were the Texans actually expecting Frank Bush to turn the Texans around?  I am complaining about this because I have heard the media speculating about the lockout happening for almost 2 years.  Everyone knew there was a possibility of a lockout.  Now the lockout has occurred, we are with a Defensive Coordinator who can't associate with an already pedestrian defense.  It would be one thing if Wade was coming to tweak a 4-3 defense but he's changing the defense.

Again I am faced with saying this team think we are idiots.  When the news of Wade's hiring transpired, the story of the week was Mario not pleased about the change of defense.  Now all of a sudden, we are hearing Mario is ecstatic.  Mario is doing the cabbage patch dance he's so happy and he only had a few weeks after the season and one day to speak with Wade.  I really have to step back and ask myself, why do this team, time after time try to be different.  We can't simply go run a 3-4, no we have to be different with a Hybrid 3-4.  What's next, me watching Vonta and Foster lined up in a Power I and the media telling me, that's really a split back-field?

WRAP IT UP
What I have noticed since Wade's hiring, the media is powerful.  I hear everyone running with this hybrid 3-4 notion and the fans are talking like this is common knowledge.  It's in one word, amazing.  I wish like hell, I could speak with Merriman, Williams and Phillips and get their take about Wade's almost 4-3 defense.

In all of this, I have to ask myself, why is the local media selling Wade?  It truly makes me wonder if Mario is the true catalyst in all of this.  All of the talk is that of assuring the fans that Mario can work in this defense.  Even after the draft when everyone were left scratching their heads in the first round after the Texans drafted the white version of Mario, they had to tell you what this means.  Even Kubiak addressed the concerns in his presser after the draft by saying he knows everyone wants to know what does this mean for Mario and he quickly stated "this makes us more flexible.  I believe the media is causing more confusion with the talk hybrid defense talk, allow the season to start or at least camp, after visually see what Wade is doing with Mario, then tell us.  All in all, I really get nervous when I hear former NFL Players Marcus Coleman, ND Kalu and Greg Koch scratching their head over recent moves.  If these guys have questions of concern, how in the hell do you expect me to be jovial.

OUT

















LM
HMW
Email: hmw_lm@yahoo.com
Twitter: HMW_CREEPS
Facebook Search: Hmw Shelton & Craig Shelton and join both

Follow the HMW family of CREEPS on Twitter @: @LesbianCraig   @SportsMediaLM 

PLEASE JOIN US SUNDAYS 5P-6P ON KCOH 1430AM FOR "THE CUT" W/CRAIG "LESBO" SHELTON & CO-HOST, FORMER NFL-DB, MARCUS COLEMAN.

GET READY FOR HIGH ENERGY, GREAT CONVERSATION, THE COOLEST MUSIC & ALL OF YOU!!!

CALL IN @: 713-526-1430 
STREAM @: http://www.kcohradio.com

PRODUCED BY: HMW


No comments:

Post a Comment