Tuesday, May 31, 2011

THE MEDIA: RICK SMITH & DARYL MOREY BY LM

5-31-2011

THE MEDIA: RICK SMITH & DARYL MOREY


I am the only consistent Houstonian.  After the Kareem Jackson experiment, I knew Rick Smith was not the General Manager for the Texans.  I felt the same when Daryl Morey did not land a big name.  I dislike both guys in their current roles but I have noticed something, the media agrees with me when it comes to Rick Smith.

The media is absolutely leading the charge of disdain towards Smith.  Some of the things I have read and heard was damn near brutal.  Buddy you had your five years and now it's time to go.  You are an absolute failure for allowing Dunta to walk and welcoming Kareem.  This is not me, this is the media calling for the removal of a GM openly

MAX EDISON
Max was on with ND Kalu and Kyle Kennedy last week and the guys begin talking basketball.  Max expressed the point he didn't understand what the Rockets were doing in terms of the excessive time it was taking to hire a head coach.  In addition to, Max also notated the peculiar way the media were approaching it.  I don't want to speak for Max but I believe he was saying the media is strangely quite.  They were almost giving Daryl Morey the benefit of doubt.  Great interview and it can be found on Sports Radio 610.

Daryl Morey hired Kevin McHale, well I guess that's his one big hire but the tone has dramatically changed.  All day Friday I heard about a poll conducted on Chron.com that illustrated this hire was not popular and usually that's code word for the media to jump in. 


Exercise
Size both gentleman up head to head.  Compare each of the acquisitions via trade or draft.  I am not trying illustrate who is better because I think they are both very mediocre but neither guy has done anything to prevent media scrutiny.  One may argue, Morey been to the second round of the playoffs.  However I will counter by saying he changes players like underwear, he can't retain players.  Every damn year we are looking at a completely new team with no nucleus.  I bust on Rick Smith alot but they do have a nucleus on both the offense and defense, Daryl can't say that.


IT IS WHAT IT IS
Some will argue, comparing Morey and Smith is a joke because Morey has made it to the playoffs and Rick Smith has failed.  Some will argue Morey hands were tired with Yao Ming and Les Alexander.    On the streets, Morey failed equally as much as Smith.  As an average Joe on the streets, excuses are like assholes, everyone have them.  Yes Rick Smith has failed in my opinion as a GM but why Morey gets a pass?


Before you come at me with Yao Ming "hurt" factor  can we apply the same disclaimer for Rick Smith "Christian Owner" stance.  If you can argue Morey hands are tied with Yao Ming, I can argue Smith hands are tired for Bob McNair's ethical reasons.  You get my point, this is all a joke.  

WRAP IT UP

What does all of this mean?  The Barry Bonds effect.  I get the feeling, Rick Smith's reclusive nature has made him enemy number 1 with the media.  You can't tell me if Rick Smith was all jovial like Daryl Morey they would openly critique everything he do.  Am I asking for them to give Rick a break?  Hell No, I want the media to get away from all of this social status crap and start covering these guys according to the job they are suppose to do not the interviews or sound they give you.


OUT















LM
HMW
Email: houstonmediawatch@yahoo.com
Twitter: HMW_CREEPS
Facebook Search: Hmw Shelton & Craig Shelton and join both


Follow the HMW family of CREEPS on Twitter @: @LesbianCraig   @SportsMediaLM 

PLEASE JOIN US SUNDAYS 5P-6P ON KCOH 1430AM FOR "THE CUT" W/CRAIG "LESBO" SHELTON & CO-HOST, FORMER NFL-DB, MARCUS COLEMAN.



CALL IN @: 713-526-1430 
STREAM @: http://www.kcohradio.com

PRODUCED BY: HMW

No comments:

Post a Comment