Thursday, May 19, 2011

DID 610 MISS A GOLDEN CHANCE & CAN 790,1560, OR 97.5 SEIZE UPON IT BY LM

5-19-2011




INNOVATIVE THINKING: SPORTS RADIO 610, 790,1560, 97.5 

In an economy that's depressed, the name of the game is to out do your competitors.  I have sat back and watched the guys perform.  Trust me, there are plenty of conference meetings in place trying to figure out how can we make it through the week.  As a professional local radio listener, I observed.

FAN FEST

There's no secret that KILT is about to put on it's 2nd annual Fan Fest which was a smash last year @ Reliant Stadium.   Love You Blue Players, Food and the word FREE.  How can you compete with that?  If you are a competitor, the prevailing thought is to allow it to happen and talk about the Sunday story Monday morning because you know everyone will be jacked about the festivities that took place over the weekend.

WHAT IF

What if I were to tell the competitors there's a way to upstage Fan Fest.  Of course I held back to the very last moment to make this a more challenging task.  This is one of those situations where Lance and Matt J. will say "we already thought of this BUT".  If you are in business to seize the moment and crush the competition "allowing your opponent to shine is out of the question", you got to bring ass to get ass and therefore you must pull out all of the stops.

Texas is a football state first, no matter the sell of the Astros or Daryl Morey trying to play smartest guy in the room, football is king in this state and as a competitor of a station who's giving you Warren Moon as their headline, what you know about giving Texan fans all of the 2011 Draft Picks in addition to current players such as: David Andersen, Owen Daniels, Jacoby Jones and other players willing to participate with all of this lockout free time.

LOGISTICS

Before all of you "We can't get Nnamdi" types try to give excuses of "why not"  picture this, at Reliant you have Warren Moon and 6 other people meanwhile in a lockout year starved for football information in addition to the natural downtime of football, you have 
J.J.Watt, Brooks Reed, Brandon Harris, Rashad Carmichael, Shiloh Keo, T. J. Yates, Derek Newton and Mr. Irrelevant all in a venue together talking.   

I love me some Warren Moon but at this exact moment, I would rather meet the draft picks.  I have heard Warren Moon talk about the Buffalo game 5 times too many.  Don't get me wrong, I don't mind hearing it again but damn give me the draft picks.
Is what I'm proposing far fetch or has this happen recently before?  Yes, I am talking about Jim Rome's Smack Off.  Rome's Smack Off is huge on the local and national level.  Sean Pendegast encouraged the people to listen to it but be sure to tune in to 1560 after the Smackoff.  Sean gave the fans a reduced edition of the Smack Off.  I am not here to say it was better or worse, I am talking about direct competition.  I am from a school of thought, if you are not proactive, you definitely have to react.

WRAP IT UP
I really hate tipping my hand but I feel I have to throw the media a bone.  I know all of you guys spend countless time show-prepping  and you know as well as I, football is the deal here.   Go ahead and find your BS stories to fill time but you know as well as I, the word "Texans" get it popping.  I am surprised between the 4 sports stations we have here, they still try to act as if giving us routine stories in a down sports year locally is fun.  Sometimes you have to face reality, yes Adam its cool you can recite stats from the 40s, yes Josh it's cool you can recite 80s movies, yes Dylan its awesome you can Swagger Jack, yes Vandermeer you can suck all things KILT ass, yes David you can battle, yes Warner you can Grand Stand, yes Lance you know everybody but we want football.  We want football anyway you can give it to us.  Ever wondered how in the hell a team with no post season success continues to sell out year after year.  GET REAL. All in all, I can careless which station could deliver the Draft Picks, I think it would be pretty cool.  

It's almost like I'm waisting my time trying to help a market that's suffering across the board. WTF, I guess I'm just a Hater



OUT






































LM

HMW
Itunes Search: HoustonMediaWatch (One Word)
Email: hmw_lm@yahoo.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/HMW_CREEPS
Facebook Search: Hmw Shelton & Craig Shelton and join both

No comments:

Post a Comment